Saturday, January 12, 2008

On the Road Again

Hopefully, this is the last time for a long time.

Once again, two guys with a truck showed up at my place, loaded almost all of my heavy-ass shit (scratch that, they loaded ALL of my heavy-ass shit, all I did was some of the lighter stuff) into said truck, and carted it to my new address. 2.2 miles away. Their bosses charged me $300 for the service (which is deductible), and I tipped those gentlemen $20 each, and gave one of them my old entertainment center, as the laws of physics decreed that it could not, save by exertions of the Uncertainty Principle, be made to occupy my new home. A trip to Walmart yielded the last one in the store, which waits in my trunk for me to summon the strength to hoist it out and into my apartment. I even got a bargain on it, maybe.

Did I mention that I moved from one third-floor apartment to another third-floor apartment? And after swearing I'd never do it again. Eh, shows what my word is worth. Bunnyman and Superwife, and the older two Superkids have been helpful also. In fact it was Superwife who recommended my movers, and they showed up on time, did the job on schedule, and basically rocked in hearts and spades. Thanks again, Superwife.


Later--

Ok, was beaten savagely away from the Castle Anthrax mainframe in the middle of typing this by Bunnyman, but he's on the Wii now, so I'm safe.

We just got back from the Come Back Inn, an Italian eatery with a decidedly unexpected name. The Pasta Gorgonzola was, dare I say it (Oh dare, dare!!), magnifico. I'd never had it before, and wasn't sure what to expect, beyond gorgonzola likely being a 'strong cheese, given a name like that'. Fortuitously, I likes the strong cheese. Basically, it's Chicken Alfredo, but Alfredo met the gaze of Medusa, and turned to stone. And that's likely because there were no broccoli bushes for poor Al to hide behind. And that's good eatin'! Bunnyman had a roast beast sammich on ciabatta bread, which he requested special, and which turned out, apparently, to be a mistake, because he thought the ciabatta sucked. Superwife got a more traditional dish, meatballs and marinara, and it smelled divine, and I already knew the marinara was good from the breadsticks we had earlier. So we got that going for us, which is nice.


Anyhow, I got one (count them) trip left up my new stairs tonight, and I'm making it count. Several strapped satchels shall be strapped to my strapping form, and bootstrapped up the stairs so I can strap myself into the intrawebs at some point tomorrow.

But I ain't looking forward to that trip.

No comments: